Monday, April 5, 2010

My favorite Easter memory

When my parents moved over to Dallas, we didn't start out with much.  Since then my parents have worked very hard to get were they're at and I'm really very proud of them.  They are an example that hard work and determination are strong foundations for success.

As Easter passes, I'm reminded of our simpler days.  When I look back I realize now that we started out much more meager than I used to remember.  We lived in a two bedroom apartment in Dallas.  My brother and I would share a bedroom.  My mother would cook a lot of ramen noodles for us which in hindsight meant that we were really poor but I thought it was great at the time.  She made the best ramen.  Anyway, I remember getting caught up in the commercialized fervor that is Easter and wanting to color eggs and do an Easter egg hunt.  She agreed and I just remember the excitement I had as she helped to color the eggs.  We didn't do anything fancy.  They were just colored hard boil eggs and for the hunt, she hid them around our humble apartment.  When it was time, my brother and I scoured the apartment for the eggs.  We found the eggs and promptly ate them.  And I was happy. 

I love you, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment